Project Universe and The Classics

Hans
Site Admin
In-game display name: hansj

Project Universe and The Classics

Post by Hans »

This is an awesome project that combine most of the NFS maps together in one big map!
This type of game have been the dream for a lot of NFS fans, and fans of other game series are
dreaming about the same thing happening to their game series. I have myself been thinking about
it, and have to say that i love that someone like White Box acutely decided to go ahead and do it!
But it would be nice to see the real NFS classics included here in this world. I would at least like
to see (Hometown) and (Rocky Pass) included in the universe. It would only make sense so include
the worlds that startet it all, include the places where it all started back in the 90's! Though
then you could also say that a NFS 1 track should be included too. Not sure how they are to edit.
But I do know that someone ported (Rusty Springs) over to NFS 3.
PUmap copy 2.png
Not just tracks, but also cars. Like the Lamborghini Diablo, Countach, Mercedes-Benz CLK GTR
and maybe even El Niño, Italdesign Scighera.

Link to the Project: http://projectuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/P ... verse_Wiki
T0sa
Site Admin

Re: Project Universe and The Classics

Post by T0sa »

I was able to download it, and was disappointed to discover that you're currently limited to tiny test maps and awful driving mechanics. Clearly in a very early development stage. And the different cars are, at least for now, just esthetics.

But I saw they mentioned Hometown on their webpage (under "Other").
Hans
Site Admin
In-game display name: hansj

Re: Project Universe and The Classics

Post by Hans »

The game won't run in Wine, and I'm having some problems with my Windows PC, but I will be able to try it out soon. I have seen the videos. It is true that the game is in very early development. Bur again "if" they finish it, it may become a pretty neat indie game.
Hometown is only suppose to be a hidden track for now.